I am so pleased to give you a glimpse of the creator of Speech and Language Kids website- Carrie Clark. She is an author, a blogger, an entrepreneur, a mom, and an all around fantastic speech therapist. She has a unique ability to break down complex tasks into manageable steps for kids, parents, and speech therapists. The resources she makes are invaluable. Check out this amazing speech professional in this weeks “Meet Your Maker…”
What made you get into this profession?
my friend’s mom was an SLP and on our college application we had to write a major we were considering so I picked com dis. After the intro class, I was hooked!
What school did you go to?
Truman State University
Are you a parent? If yes any advice to working moms/dads on how to balance both (i.e. tricks of the trade, time management suggestions, etc.)
Yes! If your workplace is causing you stress or isn’t family friendly, find a new job or start working for yourself! We’re in high enough demand that we can do that!!
Dog, cat, or other?
I have no pets!
One mistake (or more) you made as a newbie speechie.
not focusing on the relationships I had with the classroom teachers I worked with
One tip on collaborating with other professionals or parents.
keep the communication lines open! Be very open and honest with everyone and try to see everything from their perspective as well
One goal (professional or personal).
to be able to travel with my family!
Product you are most proud of.
The Speech Therapy Solution, my membership program with training videos and support for SLPs
Why you decided to be an entrepreneur and make the products that you do.
to be able to spend more time with my family and to be able to reach and help more people
Please give a snippet of the products/services that you produce
I have 3 eBooks for sale that give step-by-step instructions for teaching particular skills. I also have a membership area with training videos, printable materials, webinars, and support for SLPs with answers to questions about tough cases. I also have a ton of freebies on the site.
Check out her website HERE.
I highly recommend her membership and ebooks. I am a proud owner of her ebooks and found them to be a necessity for transitioning from medical speech pathology to school based speech pathology. Her format of guiding you through different treatment methods is so helpful. She has taken an endless amount of time to compile the resources included in the membership. She is open and encouraging for you to ask her questions. Here is some more details of the resources she puts out there:
- Over 300 training videos– There is a huge library of over 300 videos with answers to question that other memebers have had. As a member, you’ll have access to those videos any time you want. Your question may have already been asked or you may find more information that is helpful to you!
- Over 100 printable worksheets-Check out her huge library of low-prep and no-prep therapy materials. Search for the topic you’re addressing, print, and go! You’re ready for your speech-language therapy session! She’s done all the work for you so that you have ready-to-go activities for a ton of different topics. She will also add new therapy materials to the library each month, so your benefits will keep on growing!
- Monthly webinar-Each month, the members vote on one topic that they would like to have an in-depth training on. As a member, you will be able to watch the training live and ask questions or watch a recorded version of the training afterwards. You can also get continuing education credit for watching the webinars live!
- Weekly Q and A Call– Each week, Carrie hops on a live Q&A call to answer any speech therapy questions you may have. If you can’t watch live, send your question ahead of time and she’ll answer it live and then send you the recording to watch later.
- Premium Product Discounts & Facebook Group– As a member of The Speech Therapy Solution, you’ll get access to the exclusive, members-only Facebook group where you can ask questions for Carrie and the rest of the group to answer. There are some really talented and experienced therapists in there so it’s great for brainstorming or bouncing ideas off one another!
- Premium members will also get 30% off all of her eBooks and few other discounts to some of her favorite speech-related stores and sites!
Check out her ebooks HERE.
Thank you Carrie Clark for all you do to contribute to our profession and to the world!!!! You truly MAKE it a better place.
Please join us every week to meet a new Maker. Thank you and bless you.
If you are a Maker of a product and would like to be featured please contact me via email@example.com.